The air ducts of your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system collect a lot of dust, allergens, debris, and can become a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria to grow and spread throughout your house. This can increase allergies, infections and overall diminished health. This is why regular cleaning can help. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about air duct cleaning:
• Can I effectively clean my air ducts myself? No, air ducts cannot be cleaned without specialized equipment. You will need to call a certified technician to do the job for you. Professionals in the area receive certification from the National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA), are experts in the field, and know what industry standards to maintain while cleaning your air ducts to keep you safe from possible diseases.
• How are air ducts cleaned? Tools that are custom-made Air duct cleaning Milwaukee to remove dirt, grime and micro organisms suck out the debris, cleaning away particles without letting them escape into your home. This process involves the use of tools to clean the entire length of your system with large vacuum cleaners that remove dust from your HVAC system. Cleaning also involves applying anti-mold treatment if needed.
• Does a new home need duct cleaning? Absolutely. The construction process produces a lot of dust and debris and this gets accumulated in your HVAC system when you switch it on, which is why it needs to be cleaned even though your house is brand new.
• Does a new HVAC system need cleaning? While a new system might seem to have no need for cleaning, the process of installing and testing the system can introduce material into the vents. Dust accumulate in the process, which is why it can help to have a new system cleaned promptly.
• What are the benefits of duct cleaning? Cleaning helps you breathe uncontaminated air. The buildup of dust and dirt in the system can make allergies worse and also can make the whole house dirty. Every time the furnace is switched on the dust expelled from the vents can reach your carpets and clothes causing further problems for the overall health of your house.
Given that cleaning is so important, don’t wait for your health and home to be affected by a neglected system. Ask your family and friends for their recommendations of cleaning companies in your area. Call professionals who are certified and check with them about their cleaning packages, and any discount they give.